Blog Header

Blog Header

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back Story Photo Album


<-- This is a photo of the same sort of hardware that currently resides in my right hip & femur.

















This photo is of the scar thatresulted from the insertion of the hardware pictured above. -->











<--This is me waiting for my brain mets to be zapped. The cage was screwed into my skull in four places and, despite claims to the contrary, it really, really hurt. Also, once this is affixed to your head
and they give you a sandwich and a banana to eat, you become very creative finding ways to fit the food into your mouth.





This is how I looked for four days after my gamma knife surgery. At one point, both of my eyes were nearly swollen shut. The brochures
all claimed that, "there will be slight swelling on your forehead, which the nurs
e will give you ice to alleviate." No one mentions that you will look like an extra in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy for four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment